Switch up your sandwich ingredients with this bacon and egg salad sandwich recipe!
- 4 extra-large Organic Valley® Eggs, hard-cooked
- 2 slices cooked and crumbled Organic Prairie Bacon or 1 slice (about 1-oz.) chopped Organic Prairie Sliced Ham
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dill pickles
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Whole-grain hot dog buns
Peel and coarsely chop the Organic Valley® Eggs. Place them in a food processor with the bacon or ham, dill pickles, and green onion. Use the pulse button to finely chop the mixture. Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste; pulse to blend the mixture.
Slice the hot dog buns open, but don't cut them all the way into halves. Pull out about half the bread from the inside, on both sides of each bun.* Pack egg salad into the hollowed-out areas and press the two sides back together. If you're making these for a bag or box lunch, pack them into sandwich bags or airtight containers and keep them chilled with an ice pack.
Note: *Don't throw those bread pieces away! They can be left out to dry and then crumbled for breadcrumbs. Or fry them in Organic Valley butter with a little oregano for salad croutons.