Enjoy this dessert of both apples and rhubarb all in one pie!
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. Stouffer's® frozen Escalloped Apples, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 (9 in.) double pie crust
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 Tbsp. mild
Preheat oven to 425F. Line 9-inch pie plate with one pastry.
Combine sugar, tapioca, orange peel, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in apples and rhubarb; spoon mixture into shell.
Place remaining pastry over fruit; seal and flute edges. Cut slashes in pastry. Bake pastry lightly with milk; sprinkle with additional sugar.
Bake 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.