Primavera style pierogies make for a great lunch or dinner.
- 1 (16-oz.) box Potato & Cheddar Pierogies
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-in. wedges
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed slightly
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a 12-inch skillet and saut?ierogies for 8 minutes until golden brown; remove from pan and set aside.
In the same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat until hot. Add asparagus, carrots and red onion. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas; cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir in Pierogies; add salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: Stir in 1 (16 ounce) package cooked chicken breast strips.