Tasty broccoli and cheddar pierogies served with onions, carrots, asparagus, and yellow squash.
- 1 (16-oz.) box Mrs. T's® Potato, Broccoli & Cheddar Pierogies
- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally cut carrots or halved baby carrots
- 1 lb. asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1-in. pieces
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, sliced diagonally (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Boil Pierogies for 5 to 7 minutes according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid. Meanwhile, over medium-high heat in a large skillet, heat oil. Add onions and carrots; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add asparagus and squash; cook and stir until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Pierogies and reserved cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.