Toss up a Chinese chicken pierogy salad, following this easy recipe!
- 1 (12-oz.) box Mrs. T's® Potato and Cheddar Mini Pierogies
- 4-oz. snow peas, trimmed and cut diagonally
- 4-oz. water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp. duck sauce or sweet and sour sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
Place Mini Pierogies in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add snow peas halfway through boiling time. Chill Pierogies and snow peas with cold water.
Saute chicken in oil until cooked through, about 8 minutes; add garlic and saute or 1 additional minute. In a separate bowl, combine the duck or sweet and sour sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger; whisk to combine.
Add sauce to chicken.
Place chicken mixture, Mini Pierogies, snow peas, and water chestnuts into a large container and mix gently to combine. Arrange on top of lettuce and top with chow mein noodles. Serve.