- Sponsored By: Morningstar Farms®
- Featured Product: Morningstar Farms® Orignial Veggie Sausage Patties
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Morningstar Farms®.
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp. salt-free Southwest or Mexican seasoning
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Original Veggie Sausage Patties
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, green bell pepper or combination
- 2 green onions, bias-cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 4 (10-in.) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (1-oz.)
- Jalapeño-White Cheddar Country Gravy or salsa
In medium bowl beat together eggs, milk and seasoning. Set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook and stir Morningstar Farms® Veggie Sausage Patties, mushrooms, bell pepper and onions in 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture in hot skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edge. Using spatula gently lift and stir partially cooked eggs so uncooked partions flow underneath. Continue cooking and lifting over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
Spoon about 3/4 cup of vegetable mixture onto each tortilla just below center. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling. Fold in sides. Roll up from the bottom, completely enclosing filling. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
Carefully wipe skillet out with paper towel. Brush with remaining 4 teaspoons oil. Add filled tortillas. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden-brown, turning once.
Remove toothpicks. Diagonally cut each into halves. Serve with Jalapeño-White Cheddar Country Gravy or salsa.