- Sponsored By: Morningstar Farms®
- Featured Product: Morningstar Farms® Maple Flavored Veggie Sausage Patties
This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Morningstar Farms®.
- 6 Morningstar Farms® Maple Flavored Veggie Sausage Patties
- 4 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 slices (3/4-oz. each) Cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
Cut Morningstar Farms® Maple Flavored Veggie Sausage Patties into quarters. Set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook potatoes in hot oil, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 6 minutes without stirring. Stir in onions and bell pepper. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes more or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to medium. Stir in veggie patties and cranberries. Drizzle with broth. Cover. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes more or until heated through. Remove cover. Cook 1 minute more or until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat.
Place cheese slices on top (if desired). Cover. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.