This recipe has been tested and endorsed by Kellogg and Morningstar Farms®.
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Chik'n Strips
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red and/or yellow bell peppers, divided
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce or chipotle pepper sauce, divided
- Salsa or sour cream
- Ground cumin (optional)
In nonstick frypan cook Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Chik'n Strips in 2 teaspoons of hot oil over medium-high heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently. Remove from frypan. Wipe frypan with paper towel.
Lightly brush same frypan with some of remaining oil. Spread refried beans on half of each tortilla, if desired. Place one tortilla, bean side up, in pan. Top beans with 1/4 of chik'n strips, 2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 tablespoon of peppers. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of pepper sauce. Fold tortilla over filling. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until light brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chik'n strips, cheese, peppers and pepper sauce, brushing frypan with oil as necessary.
Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa or fat-free sour cream. Sprinkle with cumin, if desired.