Spice up your next get-together with these Mini Vegetable Tortilla Shooters with Chicken Cheese Taquitos from Chef Billy Parisi!
- 1 Tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ small diced jalapeño, seeds removed
- ½ small diced poblano pepper, seeds removed
- 1 dried chile de arbol, seeds removed
- 2 (28 oz.) cans of white hominy, strained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. of dried cumin
- 1 Tbsp. of dry oregano
- 3 (15 oz.) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 cups of crushed corn tortilla chips
- 15 heated Jose Ole Chicken and Cheese taquitos
- Optional Garnishes: sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, avocado, Cotija cheese, lime wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat, melt the butter and add in the onions and garlic and caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Once the onions are brown add in the peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add the hominy, beans, cumin, oregano, tomatoes and stock and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Finish the soup by stirring in the crushed corn tortilla chips, salt and pepper and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Once the Taquitos are cooked cut them in half on a bias and serve them along with the soup in mini espresso mugs or shot glasses.
- Garnish the soup with the optional garnishes, sliced green onions, cilantro leaves, avocado, Cotija Cheese and lime wedges.