- Sponsored By: NestFresh Eggs®
These cakes are as lively and sweet as those first few days of Spring. They are a lovely addition to an Easter brunch.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup light ricotta cheese
• zest of 2 lemons
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large NestFresh Egg whites
• 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
5. Slowly add flour and mix to combine.
6. In a clean and dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
7. Carefully fold in egg whites with batter.
8. Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.
10. Cool cakes completely before removing from pan.
11. In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips with coconut oil for 30 seconds and stir. If chips are not completely melted, reheat until melted in 15-second intervals, stirring east time.
12. Pour chocolate into a plastic storage bag and snip off the corner.
13. Drizzle white chocolate over lemon cakes and garnish with fresh fruit if desired.