These mini calzone appetizers are the perfect snack for holiday or game day entertaining!
- 2 loaves Bridgford Frozen Ready-Dough®, thawed
- ¼ cup Bridgford Sliced Pepperoni, finely diced (Or ¼ cup Bridgford Sliced Dry Italian Salami, finely diced)
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
Mix Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella, ¼ cup grated Parmesan (save the remaining ½ cup for later use), pepperoni, egg and spices; set aside. Cut thawed loaves into 48 pieces (24 pieces from each loaf). On a floured surface pat each piece of dough into a circle approximately 2½ in in diameter. Top each round with 1 tsp. of filling mixture. Bring edges of dough together and press to seal. Dip each filled dough piece in butter then roll in remaining Parmesan. Place filled dough pieces on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Take calzones off cookie sheet to cool slightly on wire rack. Serve with marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping.