Sweet baby peppers stuffed and grilled, a family friendly way to serve poppers, won’t leave anyone’s mouth in flames.
- 6 (3/4-ounce) slices Land O Lakes® 4 Cheese Italian Blend, cut into quarters
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 16 mini sweet bell peppers (any color), cut in half lengthwise, seeded, stems intact
Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
Place 4 Cheese Italian Blend quarters into food processor bowl fitted with metal blade; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese; pulse until well mixed.
Transfer mixture to bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons basil, olives, garlic and lemon zest until well mixed.
Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half.
Place peppers directly onto grill. Grill 8-12 minutes or until peppers are softened and mixture is heated through and lightly browned.
Garnish with remaining 2 tablespoons basil. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.