- Sponsored By: Katie Workman
With the holkdays right aroujnd the corner, Katie Workman created a dish that not only has make-ahead appeal, but it’s downright beautiful, with the burst of red cranberries against the backdrop of stunning orange!
- Coarse or kosher salt, to taste
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons Florida’s Orange Juice
- 3 tablespoons Melt Organic butter
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped, defrosted frozen cranberries
- Use defrosted frozen pomegranate seeds in place of the chopped, defrosted frozen cranberries for another ruby red sweet tart burst of color and flavor.
- Make the potatoes up to two days ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Heat in a pot over low heat, stirring frequently, until warmed through, or alternately in a 300°F oven, stirring occasionally. You may need to add a bit of extra milk or orange juice if the potatoes are too thick. Scatter the cranberries or the pomegranate seeds over the top just before serving.
- If you want a slightly sweeter flavor in your mashed sweet potatoes, try the honey flavor of the Melt organic butter.
- If you want an even more pronounced orange flavor, add 1 teaspoon of orange zest when you add the juice and other ingredients.