- Sponsored By: Easy Home Meals
Everyone can get it all with this tasty Mac and Cheese with Veggies recipe!
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. small pasta shell macaroni
- 1 egg
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 1 cup red kidney beans, (from can) drained and rinsed
Bring large pot of water to a bolil, add pasta and cook for 3 minutes, add frozen peas and carrot mixture and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain and set aside.
In large bowl, whisk egg and milk together. Add melted butter and cheese and stir well. Toss in pasta and vegetables; then stir in beans.
Put entire mixture into lightly greased large casserole dish (spread evenly). Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serves 4.