- Sponsored By: Chef Aida Mollenkamp
Perfectly-portable potato nests making snacking an option at every mealtime! This recipe was created for Easy Home Meals exclusively by Chef Aida Mollenkamp.
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes Southwestern Style Hash Browns
- ¾ cup shredded pepper jack or mozzarella cheese
- 7 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ½ cup sour cream, for garnish
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh chives
Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Spray two (2) mini muffin pans generously with cooking spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of grated potato into each muffin cup. Use the back of a tablespoon to gently press the sides and bottom in each muffin hole to make a nest. Spray top of nests again with cooking spray to brown the tops.
Bake until nests are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Watch and make sure they do not burn. (If they seem like they're not browning, raise the oven to 450°F.) Remove when the nests are golden brown.
Divide cheese and bacon among nests and return until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove immediately from the muffin pan with a spoon or fork, top with sour cream and chives serve.