Add a little extra sunshine to your day with these Lemon Pinwheel Rolls!
- 1 (4 serving size) pkg. instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (25-oz.) bag frozen Bridgford Parkerhouse Style rolls dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
1. Place frozen dough on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to thaw. Coat 24 muffin cups with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine pudding mix and sugar; mix well.
2. On a floured surface, roll dough into 3-inch squares, working in batches. Spread each evenly with butter, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon pudding mixture and roll up. Cut each into 3 equal size pieces. Place 3 pieces in one muffin cup cut-side up. Repeat until all dough is used. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
4. To make frosting, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until smooth. Let rolls cool slightly, then spread with frosting. Serve warm.