©2007 Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Land O' Lakes® Egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup roasted, salted whole almonds, coarsely chopped*
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine butter, brown sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Reduced speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed.
Press mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is set.
Remove from oven; sprinkle almonds and chocolate chips over hot, partially baked crust. Spoon or drizzle caramel topping over top.
Continue baking for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
*Substitute roasted salted pecans or walnuts.
TIP: If caramel sauce is refrigerated or very thick, heat briefly in microwave just until slightly melted.