©2003 Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cold strong brewed coffee
- Chocolate-covered almonds or espresso beans, if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan; set aside.
Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup Land O' Lakes® Butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually add powdered sugar, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Increase speed to medium; beat, adding enough coffee for desired frosting consistency. Frost cooled cake. Garnish with chocolate-covered almonds, if desired.
TIP: For regular chocolate cake use water or milk in place of coffee.