Fresh vegetables are grilled with an herb-flavored spread.
Copyright ©1995 Land O'Lakes, Inc
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob, husked, each cut into 3 pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 12 large fresh mushroom caps
- 2 red or green bell peppers, cut into 2-in. pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 (12-in.) metal skewers
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Fresh Buttery Taste™ Spread, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives*
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill weed**
- 1/8 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
Heat one side of gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Place coals to one side in charcoal grill. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite hot coals.
Bring enough water to cover corn to a full boil in 2- quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn; return water to full boil. Cover; continue boiling until corn is tender (5-8 minutes). Drain; set aside.
To assemble kabobs on metal skewers, alternately thread zucchini, onion, mushrooms and red peppers, reserving 4-inch space on end of each skewer.
Stir together all spread ingredients in small bowl. Place kabobs on grill over drip pan. Cover; grill, turning and rotating kabobs occasionally, 10 minutes. Continue grilling, turning and brushing with spread occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (8-12 minutes). Using oven mitts, add corn (skewer through center of cob) and tomato to each kabob. Continue grilling until corn and tomato are heated through (2-3 minutes).
*Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried chives.
**Substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed.