A pasta salad recipe that is easy to make ahead with Cheddar cheese, vegetables and rotini pasta in a sweet-sour dressing.
Copyright ©1999 Land O'Lakes, Inc
- 12-oz. (3 cups) uncooked dried rotini (corkscrew or pasta twists)
- 1 (8-oz.) package (2 cups) LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 2 medium (1 cup) carrots, shredded
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 ribs (2 cups) celery, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Cook rotini according to package directions. Rinse with cold water. Drain.
Combine cooked rotini and all remaining salad ingredients in large bowl.
Stir together sugar, vinegar and oil in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad; toss until well-coated. Cover; refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended (12 hours or overnight).
Just before serving, add salt and pepper to taste.