This colorful rice pilaf is an easy side dish for any meal.
Copyright ©2000 Land O'Lakes, Inc.
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. LAND O LAKES® Fresh Buttery Taste™ Spread
- 2 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
Place water, Fresh Buttery Taste™ Spread, chicken bouillon, garlic and pepper in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil (5 to 7 minutes). Add rice and carrots; return to full boil (3 to 4 minutes).
Reduce heat to low; cook until rice is tender (25 to 30 minutes). Stir in all remaining ingredients.
Microwave Directions: Combine water, Fresh Buttery Taste™ Spread, chicken bouillon, garlic and pepper in 3-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cover; microwave on HIGH until mixture comes to a full boil (4 to 5 minutes). Add rice and carrots. Cover; microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Reduce power to MEDIUM (50% power); microwave until rice is tender (10 to 15 minutes). Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.