- Sponsored By: Land O' Lakes, Inc.
Succulent chicken fried to perfection after being dipped in creamy buttermilk and a homemade herb coating.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup buttermilk*
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2-lb.) cut-up broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Combine all coating ingredients in 9-inch pie pan. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then in coating mixture.
Heat oil in 12-inch skillet; add chicken, skin-side down. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and fork tender (35 to 45 minutes). (Reduce heat if chicken browns too quickly).
*Substitute 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1/3 cup. Let stand 10 minutes.