A comforting creamy zucchini and spinach rigatoni dish.
- 8-oz. (1/2 of 16-oz. pkg.) rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. each dried basil leaves, oregano leaves and crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4-oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 1 pkg. (6-oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 c. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
Heat oven to 375°F.
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt.
Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add flour and seasonings; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in broth; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until thickened. Add Neufchatel; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted.
Drain pasta; return to pan. Add zucchini mixture, spinach, Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella; mix lightly. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining mozzarella.
Bake 10 min. or until mozzarella is melted.
Preparing Perfect Pasta:
Follow the package directions to ensure that enough water is used for cooking the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender but still a little firm to the bite), stirring frequently. To prevent pasta from sticking, add it slowly to plenty of boiling water and stir frequently while cooking. Adding oil to the cooking water is not recommended because some sauces may not cling to pasta coated with oil.
Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad to round out the meal.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 330 calories, 13g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 18g protein, 45%DV vitamin A, 15%DV vitamin C, 35%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.