- Sponsored By: Kraft Foods
- Featured Product: Kraft® Mexican Style Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese W/ a Touch of Philadelphia
Serve up stuffed peppers for your next meal with this simple cheese and bacon jalapeno rellenos recipe.
- 4-oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Kraft® Mexican Style Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese W/ a Touch of Philadelphia
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 18 jalapeno peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds and membranes removed
Heat oven to 375°F.
Combineall ingredients except peppers; spoon into peppers.
Place, filled-sides up, on baking sheet.
Bake 10 min. or until cheese is melted.
Substitute 3 large red, yellow or green bell peppers, each cut into 6 triangles, for the jalapeno pepper halves. Top with cheese mixture before baking as directed.
Add 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne) to the cream cheese mixture before spooning into peppers.
Prepare using KRAFT Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese or KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
How to Handle Fresh Chile Peppers:
When handling fresh chile peppers, be sure to wear disposable rubber or clear plastic gloves to avoid irritating your skin. Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth when handling the peppers. If you?e forgotten to wear the gloves and feel a burning sensation in your hands, apply a baking soda and water paste to the affected area. After rinsing the paste off, you should feel some relief.