- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Deli turkey, bacon, gouda, tomatoes, and a homemade sauce all sandwiched between baked puff pastry for the ultimate breakfast sandwich!
- 3 pieces rye bread toasted
- 1.5 C smoked gouda shredded
- ½ lb deli turkey sliced thin
- 3 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- grape tomatoes for top
- Your favorite Green Giant veggie can be thawed/drained and used in the sandwich too (maybe spinach or peppers?) Make it your own!
- For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1½ C milk
- 1 C cheddar shredded
- ¼ C parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- dash of hot sauce
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- pinch of nutmeg
Heat oven to 425. Lay toast in pan.
Top with cheese and turkey, then bacon
Cover with puff pastry and bake 20 minutes until golden.
Make the sauce while the sandwiches are baking.Melt butter, add in flour and whisk for 2 minutes.Add in all other ingredients and simmer until thickened.
Plate sandwich. Top with sauce and cut tomatoes.Serve up right away.
(if you are serving to a crowd….just keep the sauce in a small slow cooker and gently keep warm.)