- Sponsored By: Katie Workman
Katie Workman's Kale with Orange and Pancetta is delicious served hot, and also at room temperature. It’s a nice, healthy side for all sorts of summer entertaining, but you could also serve portions atop mounds of rice or other cooked grains for a great vegetable-centric lunch or dinner!
- 4 oz. diced pancetta (see Cooking Tips)
- Tbsp. Land O'Lakes Butter
- 1 lb. baby kale leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup Florida's Natural Orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pancetta is a cousin of bacon, but instead of being smoked it is unsmoked pork belly that is cured in salt and various spices and then dried for a few months. It's sometimes available in rolled form or as slabs, or diced. Check out this video to hear more about how to use cooked pancetta in this recipe.
- If you want a bit more spice, add a serious pinch of red pepper flakes to the kale when you sauté it.
- This recipes doubles easily for a crowd. Use a very large pot, or add the kale in batches as it begins to wilt and room is available in the pot.