- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Celebrate the summer season by whipping up Mama Latina Tips' Latin-inspired ice cream cake!
- 4 oz + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of flour, sifted three times
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 cup half and half
For filling and frosting:
- 2 quarts Breyers® Cherry Vanilla ice cream
- 1 (12 oz) bag of Dole® Cherry Berry Blend
- Cherries to garnish
You will also need:
- 2-8 inches round baking pans
- 1-9 inches round springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Wax paper
- Plastic wrap
Preheat the oven to 350 F (170 C) degrees.
Butter the two 8-inches round baking pans, then line sides and bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
Beat butter and sugar until soft. Add eggs one by one, until incorporated. Add one-half of the dry ingredients into the batter, mix again. Add the 1/4 cup fresh milk and the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Just until integrated. Be careful not to over mix.
Divide the batter between the two lined baking pans.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it rest for five minutes. Pierce surface all around with a fork or toothpick. Blend condensed milk, evaporated milk and half & half. Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture on one cake slowly until absorbed. Repeat with the other cake. Put the rest of the milk mixture in the fridge.* You will notice the cake will absorb milk mixture slowly so I recommend using two different cups and alternating back and forth. Let it rest until cool and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.