- Sponsored By: Horizon Organic
- Featured Product: Horizon Organic® Cream-On-Top Whole Milk Yogurt Plain
One slice: Calories 275; Total Fat 11g; Cholesterol 37mg; Sodium 191mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 24g; Protein 4g; Vitamin A 1% DV; Vitamin C 9% DV; Calcium 11% DV; Iron 7% DV.
- 1 cup Horizon Organic® Cream-On-Top Whole Milk Yogurt Plain
- 2 large Horizon Organic eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (about 1 medium lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and flour a 10-inch tube pan or large loaf pan (5" x 10").
In a small bowl whisk together Horizon Organic® Cream-On-Top Whole Milk Yogurt Plain, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and poppy seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in yogurt mixture. Add oil and stir until combined.
Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until top springs back or a tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a metal rack, then turn cake out of pan onto rack.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pierce top and sides of cake with toothpick or fork and pour juice over cake. Cool completely.
Store tightly wrapped at room temperature for up to 4 days.