Tender, delicately flavored honey cupcakes are frosted with honey buttercream and decorated with jelly bean bumble bees.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 12 yellow jelly beans
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, melted
- 24 sliced almonds
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Honey, as desired, for drizzling
Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into 12 muffin pan cups; set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl; set aside.
Place 1/2 cup butter and sugar into large bowl; beat on medium-high speed until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, lemon zest and vanilla. Add flour mixture, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan cups. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Place jelly beans on parchment paper. Drizzle melted chocolate over jelly beans to look like bumble bee stripes. Immediately place two almonds slices to look like wings. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Combine 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey in large bowl until well mixed. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at medium speed until creamy and smooth. (Frosting will be thick).
Spoon frosting into piping bag fitted with large round tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes to look like beehive. Decorate with jelly bean bumble bees; drizzle with honey as desired.