These tortilla spirals make for the ultimate snack time.
- 2 3-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 7-oz. jar roasted peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Heluva Good!® Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. chopped garlic
- 8 10-in. flour tortillas
- olive oil to brush appetizers
Mix together first five ingredients.
Spread one tortilla with 1/8th of the cheese mixture right out to the edge. Top with a second tortilla and spread cheese mixture in same manner. Tightly roll up tortillas like a jelly roll. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. (Can even be made ahead and frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator.)
To bake, cut each tortilla roll into 1/2-inch slices. Place cut side up on a non-stick baking sheet. Brush top of each with a little olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes until lightly puffed and brown. Let cool a couple of minutes and serve.