Copyright 2003 Heluva® Good LLC.
Heluva and Heluva Good are registered trademarks of Heluva Good LLC.
- 2 lbs. meat loaf mix (beef, pork, and veal)
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 12-oz. container Heluva Good!® French Onion Dip
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 5-oz. Heluva Good!® Cheddar, Extra-Sharp Cheddar, or Washed Curd Cheese, shredded (1 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
Combine first 7 ingredients and mix until just blended. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan. Make a small indentation in the center, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Fill indentation with 1 cup of the shredded Heluva Good!® cheese. Mound remaining meat mixture on top, pressing down to compact. Even off the top of the the meat loaf.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 70 minutes. Brush top with ketchup and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven for 5 minutes more.
Remove from the oven and let meat loaf stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Pour off and discard drippings. Sprinkle loaf with optional parsley. Loosen meat loaf from the pan and cut into slices. Serve immediately.