A flavorful fiesta chicken dish, that's easy to make and simply delicious!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp. canned diced green chilies (optional)
- 4 boneless half chicken breasts
- 1 14 1/2-oz.can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. container mild salsa
- 1 cup Heluva Good!® Mild Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Heluva Good!® Monterey Jack with Jalapeno Cheese, grated
- tortilla chips
- Heluva Good!® Sour Cream
Grease a low 2-quart casserole dish. Spread rice in an even layer on the bottom. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the taco seasoning mix and optional chilies. Arrange chicken on top of rice and sprinkle it with remaining taco mix.
In a saucepan combine broth and enough water to make 2 cups. Bring to a boil and pour over rice and chicken. Cover casserole and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven and spoon salsa over chicken. Top with grated Heluva Good!® cheeses and return to oven. Bake 5 minutes more, uncovered, until cheese melts. Serve with tortilla chips andHeluva Good!® Sour Cream on the side.