Copyright 2003 Heluva® Good LLC.
Heluva and Heluva Good are registered trademarks of Heluva Good LLC.
- 1 15-oz. loaf Italian bread with most of crust removed, cut into 1-in. cubes (8 cups)
- 1 lb. Polish Kielbasa, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 12-oz. Heluva Good!® Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 8 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of half-and-half
Butter a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan. Layer in bread cubes, Kielbasa, 2 cups of shredded Heluva Good!® Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and green onions. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour over bread, trying to wet every piece. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 375F. Pour half-and-half evenly over casserole. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.