- Sponsored By: Cool Food Panel
Our Cool Food Panelist, Alison from IngredientsInc.net is celebrating National June Dairy Month with her recipe for Grilled Carnegie Sandwiches--perfect for Father's Day weekend!
- 8 slices rye bread (1⁄2-in./1 cm thick slices)
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup deli mustard
- 8-oz. thinly sliced pastrami
- 2 kosher dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place on a work surface, buttered side down. Spread mustard on tops of bread slices. Top 4 bread slices equally with pastrami, pickles and cheese. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press gently.
Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.