There’s nothing like the smell of bacon on game day!
2 Boxes José Olé®; Chicken and Cheese Mini Quesadillas
2 lbs. (18 slices) Bacon
For the Beer Cheese:
3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
¾ Cup Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Flour
¾ Cup Light Mexican beer
¾ Cup Canned tomato, drained and chopped
4 oz. Green chilies
3 ½ Cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz. Cream cheese
14 oz. Black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To wrap the quesadillas, cut each slice of bacon in half, totaling 36 slices. On a cutting board, carefully wrap each quesadilla in a half bacon slice, placing them seam side down on a sheet pan. You may place a partial batch of bacon-wrapped quesadillas in the freezer to prevent thawing before baking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the bacon is cooked and quesadillas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in butter and add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Pour in beer and stir until smooth and add tomatoes and chillies and cook until mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Lower heat then add both cheeses and black beans then cook until bubbling, stirring often.
- Transfer beer cheese to an oven-safe dish and broil for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.