Lettuce boats filled with chicken and topped with rice, vegetables, and chow mein noodles. Drizzle with peanut sauce, if desired!
- 12 whole leaves Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup (4-oz.) fully cooked shredded chicken*
- 1 bag (10-oz.) Steamfresh® Whole Grain Brown Rice, cooked according to pkg. directions
- 1 bag (12-oz.) Steamfresh® Chef's Favorites Asian Medley, cooked according to pkg. directions
- Chow mein fried noodles for garnish (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
Arrange lettuce leaves on your work surface and equally divide chicken among the leaves.
Top chicken with 2 tablespoons of prepared rice and 3 tablespoons prepared vegetables.
Sprinkle with chow mein noodles and drizzle with peanut sauce, if desired.
Peanut Sauce (optional): Combine peanut butter, water, honey and soy sauce together in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave at HIGH power for 30 seconds and whisk until smooth; set aside.
Tips: You may also use one can (4.5 oz) chunk chicken, drained in place of the shredded chicken called for in the recipe.
These are great snacks for a slumber party. Kids will love assembling their own lettuce “boats”. Simply set out the ingredients and let them put them together however they’d like