This glazed pound cake is flavored with fresh lemon.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 4 Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan or 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
Combine sugar and butter in bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding 1 egg at a time, until well mixed.
Beat at low speed, gradually adding flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt alternately with buttermilk and scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Continue beating until well mixed.
Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
Stir together powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake can be baked in loaves. Divide batter between 2 greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- May freeze up to 1 month. Thaw and glaze before serving.