Follow up your Michael Angelo's Lasagna with Meat Sauce meal with the ultimate Fudge Brownie Recipe! Thank you to Chris Nease at Celebrations at Home for sharing this recipe with us!
1/2 cup (1 stick) + 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 Tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/8 cup sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
2 Tablespoons flour
1. Prepare a 9 x 11 baking dish by coating with nonstick spray and a dusting of flour, on bottom and sides. Set aside.
2. Melt together the butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Stir well to combine and remove from heat to let cool, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine eggs, sugar, instant coffee, and vanilla. Stir into chocolate mixture and continue to let it cool to room temperature (about another 30 minutes).
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Toss together the dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and remaining flour, to coat. Fold into batter.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until the ‘brownie crust’ appears and batter no longer jiggles in the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack. TIP: If you insert a tester (or toothpick) for doneness, it may not come out clean. It will set up to a dense fudgy brownie after refrigerated though.
8. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours before cutting into squares. TIP: Let the brownies sit out for about 10 minutes before cutting to make it easier.