A beaten egg and a little milk quickly turn this Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Original waffle into French toast. Serve it topped with sliced banana and toasted walnuts.
- 1 KELLOGG'S® EGGO® Thick & Fluffy Original waffles
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 4 to 5 thick slices banana (about 1/3 small banana)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
Place waffle on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, loosely covered, at high for 15 seconds or until just warm, turning waffle over after 10 seconds.
Meanwhile, in shallow dish beat together egg, milk and vanilla. Dip warm waffle in egg mixture, generously coating both sides. In medium, nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add waffle to skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through cooking time.
Place waffle on serving plate. Top with banana and walnuts. Spoon dollop of whipped topping on waffle (if desired). Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired). Drizzle with syrup (if desired).