- Sponsored By: Katie Workman
These English Muffin Pizzas from Katie Workman may be the easiest and most popular (and the most customizable) appetizer ever! Whatever else you are thinking about making for your upcoming party, make extra of these, because they will go and they will go FAST. Especially if you offer a variety of choices, and everyone just wants to try a little wedge of each kind. And why not?
- 4 Bay’s English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup jarred or homemade pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Crystal Farms or Borden’s mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked Cascadian Farms frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked Cascadian Farms frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup cooked sausage crumbles, turkey or pork
- Instead of traditional mozzarella, try Cheddar, a Mexican blend, or an Italian blend of cheese, all available conveniently pre-shredded in the dairy aisle.
- Because there are so many options in the freezer and dairy aisles, you can also have offerings for guests with different dietary needs. Try meatless crumbles or lactose-free shredded cheese.
- Other topping options might be mushrooms, onions, corn, or other chopped greens (all available in the freezer aisle), as well as peppers or olives.
- The make these pizzas more appetizer-like, cut pizzas into halves or quarters
- You can add a dusting of red pepper flakes if you want, to add a bit of heat to the pizza wedges.