Enjoy the classic Southern taste of buttermilk fried chicken with this simple recipe!
- 2 lbs. (6 pieces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® 100% Egg Whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Wesson® Pure Canola Oil, divided
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 400F. Pound chicken with meat mallet to even thickness.
Whisk buttermilk and Egg Beaters® together in a shallow dish. Combine flour, cornmeal, black pepper, red pepper, paprika and salt in a separate shallow dish; mix well.
Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture then dredge in flour mixture. Cook chicken in two batches. For each batch, heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breasts to skillet, cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; bake 8-10 minutes or until done.