Treat yourself to this summer delight, featuring Edy's Grand Light® Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Edy's Grand Light® Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fat Free Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- or No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 3 cups fresh seasonal fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sliced peaches, sliced nectarines, etc.)
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
Preheat oven to 375° F.
To Prepare Shortcake: Combine baking mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in yogurt and egg whites until dry ingredients are just moistened. Spread batter in greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
While the shortcake is cooling, combine fruit with remaining sugar to sweeten. Cover and refrigerate.
To Assemble: Soften ice cream or frozen yogurt at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes. Split shortcake in half horizontally, and place bottom layer, sliced side up, onto serving plate. Top with a layer of ice cream or frozen yogurt (about 2 cups); place half of fruit mixture on top of yogurt. Repeat layers ending with fruit. Garnish with mint.