Classic Shepherd's pie, made easy!
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets, thawed
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (12-oz.) beef gravy
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes
Heat oven to 375F. Spray 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole baking dish with nonstick cooking spray*.
In 12-inch skillet cook ground beef and onion until browned; drain grease. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, gravy, thyme and salt. Cook until heated through. Spoon beef mixture into casserole dish. Spread Simply Potatoes® Mashed Potatoes evenly over beef mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Remove from oven.
Heat broiler. Broil casserole 4 to 6 inches from heat, 3 to 5 minutes, until Simply Potatoes are lightly browned.
Tip: *A 9-inch square baking dish can be used for a 2 ?quart casserole baking dish.