Try serving this fun salad in a chip bowl!
- 1 1/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/3 c. minced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. low sodium beef broth
- 1 lime
- 9 1/2 oz. white corn tortilla chips
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 c. canned Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. finely grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. Daisy® Sour Cream
Brown the beef over medium high heat for about 4 minutes and drain. Remove the beef from the pan to a clean bowl. Add the minced onion, garlic and Serrano pepper to the hot pan and saute for 2 minutes over medium heat. Return the beef to the pan and add the seasonings: beef broth and the juice from 1/2 of the lime.
Bring the mixture to a simmer and reduce the heat to low. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Create a bed of chips on each plate and layer on vegetables, beans, beef and Cheddar cheese. Top with a dollop of sour cream.
*Try serving in a chip bowl instead of using a bed of chips*