A lighter version of an old standby!
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 c. Daisy® Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 c. Daisy® Light Sour Cream
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh chives
Heat the oul over medium heat; cook and stir the onions for 15 minutes or until tender. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the garlic, sugar and salt; continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the onions turn to deep golden brown color. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
Place the cottage cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until almost smooth. Add the onion mixture; pulse several times until the onions are chopped and distributed.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve with fresh vegetables or whole grain crackers.