Tasty mushrooms filled with cream cheese red pepper, and sausage, and topped off with pretzel chips and a sprinkle of cayenne and garlic for a cajun flair. Mmmm.
- Frozen Bob Evan’s sausage links, cut into chunks
- Low-fat cream cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Pretzel chips in the everything variety, crushed
- Garlic powder
- 1/4 C finely diced red pepper
- Olive oil
- Large mushrooms
1. Take the stems off the mushrooms.
2. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese into each mushroom. Sprinkle with cayenne and garlic. Place a few red pepper pieces on top and then fill with the sausage (about 2 pieces per mushroom). Pat down and press on the crushed up pretzel pieces.
3. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes on a piece of parchment.
- Gently thaw the sausage links and cut with scissors to make for quick and easy “chopping.”
- Use wax paper on your work surface to make clean-up a breeze.
- Make mushrooms ahead of time by stuffing and placing in fridge overnight. Place the crushed pretzel pieces on top right before baking.