A low-fat, protein rich appetizer for sure to please your party guests!
- 1 c. Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 6.5 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 c. thinly sliced scallions
- 2 Tbsp. liquid reserved from marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- whole grain French baguette, thinly sliced (24 slices)
In a food processor, combine the cottage cheese, artichoke hearts, 1/2 the scallions, the reserved artichoke liquid, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Purée the mixture until it is smooth.
Spread about 1 Tbsp. of the mixture on each baguette slice and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.