Chocolate Hazelnut Mouse is the perfect sweet treat to follow up a Michael Angelo's Lasagna with Meat Sauce. Thank you to Autumn Rose at Mama Challenge for sharing this recipe with us!
4 large eggs yolks
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup hazelnut spread
2 cups bittersweet chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, whisk together eggs, ½ the sugar, and ¾ cup heavy cream.
2. Cook over a medium-low heat, stirring approximately 3-4 minutes, but don't allow to boil.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in melted chocolate, hazelnut spread, and vanilla,
4. Strain into bowl and chill.
5. With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 ¼ cups heavy cream and the remaining sugar.
6. Whip until still peaks form.
7. Stir in 1/3 of whipped chocolate into cooled custard mixture, then fold in the rest with a rubber spatula.
8. Spoon into dishes, chill, covered for at least one hour.
9. While you're waiting for it to chill, enjoy your favorite Michael Angelo's Italian entrée!