Jalapeño meets Chimichanga with irresistible results
1 Box José Olé® Steak and Cheddar Mini Chimichangas, thawed and sliced lengthwise
12 Medium Jalapeño peppers
1 Can Nacho cheese sauce, warmed (zesty or mild according to your preference)
Sour cream (optional)
16 oz. Cream cheese
½ Package Taco seasoning
¼ Cup Onion, minced
¼ Cup Cilantro, chopped
¾ Cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise to make a boat shape out of each pepper. Scrape out all the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño with a spoon.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Pack the filling into the peppers and arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, and the peppers are cooked. (Optionally, the mixture can be loaded in to a piping bag for easy stuffing).
- In the center of each jalapeño, press a halved chimichanga in to the cream cheese mixture, then top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with hot nacho cheese. Drizzle with sour cream if desired.
*Tip: When selecting jalapeño peppers to buy, hotter peppers tend to have more striations (lines) and wrinkling on the outside of the pepper, indicating stress during the growing process and that they will likely be hotter.