“Trust me, you're going to love this one – the milk creates the most amazing flavorsome sauce ” - Jaime Oliver
- 1 whole chicken
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- ½ stick cinnamon
- 1 good handful fresh sage , leaves picked
- 2 lemons , zest of
- 10 cloves garlic , skin left on
- 2 1/2 Cups Stremicks Heritage Foods Organic Whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5, and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken. Season it generously all over, and fry it in a little olive oil, turning the chicken to get an even colour all over, until golden. Remove from the heat, put the chicken on a plate, and throw away the oil left in the pot. This will leave you with tasty sticky goodness at the bottom of the pan which will give you a lovely caramel flavor later on
- Put your chicken back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients, and cook in the preheated oven for 1½ hours. Baste with the cooking juice when you remember. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a sauce which is absolutely fantastic.
- To serve, pull the meat off the bones and divide it onto your plates. Spoon over plenty of juice and the little curds. Serve with wilted spinach or greens and some mashed potato.